Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Breastfeeding - Willpower, Love, and Everything Else

Breastfeeding my son has brought me to my highest highs and my lowest lows. It's been exciting, comforting, troubling, and inspiring - a jumble of emotions that I haven't always been able to name.  It's been been a roller coaster emotionally; physically it's been a free fall, and spiritually it's been like soaring with angels. 

Breastfeeding is 50% willpower, 49% love and 1% everything else.  Don't let that 1% fool you, because the everything else is what takes up HOURS of time each day.  That little 1% is where the tears originate - both those of sorrow and of joy.  This is the story of how that 1% has changed my life, and how the love has kept my willpower intact.

If it weren't for the wonderful circle of breastfeeding mamas I've found I would have given up what has become the most rewarding experience of my life.  I hope you find my reflections, trials, successes, failures, and research insightful, and that they help you discover your own deep well of potential.  I hope that your skill, willpower, and loving bonds flourish!

No comments:

Post a Comment